Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My little cat is sick :(?

My 10 month old female cat started making kind of a coughing noise a few days ago. At first I thought she was coming down w/ a cold, but then we started thinking possibly a furball (which, coincidentally, is her name (she's a long haired) ). I got some ointment & have given her 3 applications so far. Her eyes and nose are dry & NOT runny. Today I have found her twice positioning herself in an upright position, as if to purposely keep her head high, & my gut feeling is worms trying to make their way up. but she's trying to cough back down (or maybe up). Her brother (as well as her other siblings) are being treated for tape worms, which I found in the (1) brother's stool a couple of weeks ago (treatment in water). Of course the tape worms tend towards the back end, but I know my mom's cats in the past vomited up worms before. Also, her nose is warm, too. She's not her usual frolic-y self & doesn't purr when petted. I'm waiting for my neice (the vet tech) to call me back,but figured I'd post here in the meantime. Any thoughts folks?

No comments:

Post a Comment